People Operations Manager (part-time)
We’re looking for a passionate People Operations Manager to join our team of 35 people in Berlin. Your mission will be to contribute to the health of our organization, support the development and well-being of current employees and help us to recruit great new people. This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of an inspiring cause with a tangible impact.
About usEcosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the leading social businesses in Germany. Our vision is to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world. To achieve that, we want to plant 1 billion trees by 2020 with the help of our fast-growing user-base. So far our 7 million users have already planted over 25 million trees.
What you’ll be doing
- Help further strengthen our great culture and contribute to our organizational health.
- Run our recruiting process and employer branding. Assist your team mates with their hiring efforts by sourcing and screening candidates.
- Have an open ear for all employees. Be the first point of contact for all questions about people & culture.
- Advise our managers and leadership team on all topics related to performance management, professional development, coaching, diversity, and change management.
- Help further improve important processes in our organization. Develop and execute team and culture-building events.
- This is a part-time role of around 3 days per week. The focus of the role will be mostly on recruiting and organizational health. Most administrative tasks like payroll and visa formalities will be done by other team members.
- You have 5+ years of work experience, including leading and developing your own team, ideally in rapid-growth tech companies
- You have a solid background in the fields of recruiting, culture building, performance management, conflict resolution, personal development, facilitation, leadership development
- You know what works in traditional organizations, but you’re also willing to try out new approaches. (We’re big fans of “Reinventing Organisations” and even invited Frederic Laloux to our office.)
- You are trustworthy, approachable, empathic, a good listener and communicator calm under pressure, able to handle ambiguity and competing priorities
- You share our core values and care deeply about our mission
- You can speak and write English fluently (German not required)
- Bonus: You have experience working with and coaching teams in agile methodologies
We recognise that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role. This should go without saying, but because it’s very important to us, we would like to emphasize it again: all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.
- Opportunity to help build up an amazing company culture with the freedom to try out things differently
- Be part of an international team of ambitious, collaborative team members who are passionate about making the world a better and greener place
- Fair compensation package to reflect your skills and experience
- Fantastic office in the heart of the Berlin
- Flexible working hours and location
- Weekly team breakfasts
- Oh, and coffee, and organic snacks and fruit, we have plenty of both