BI Analyst with Python Experience
Ecosia, or as we like to call it, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the leading social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our vision to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we want to plant one billion native trees by 2020. So far our 7 million users have planted over 44 million trees with their 200 million monthly searches and we are growing and planting worldwide.
We are looking for Data Analyst/ Engineer to join us in Berlin and help bring our data team to the next level! This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of an inspiring team and shape a product used by millions of users.
What you will do:
- Empower our communications & product teams by translating raw data into enriched & meaningful insights.
- Improve and nurture a data-informed culture.
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for data analysis.
- Implement database modelling for self-service dashboards, reports and ad-hoc analysis.
- Deep dive into data rabbit holes for longer-term reports to present to the whole team, finding insights and sparking new ways to look at the datasets.
- Maintain and continually improve our BI infrastructure and tools. Our stack is as follows:
- In-house Tag Manager to run AWS-hosted Snowplow Analytics
- Python ETL managed by Luigi
- Data Store using Redshift
- Visualisation with Tableau & Metabase, Looker
- Get into the nitty gritty of SaaS-type business modelling
- Find solutions to generate insights while respecting our privacy-friendly philosophy that goes beyond just being GDPR compliant.
- Ultimately, use data to drive growth, to provide value to the user and to reforest our planet.
- You have experience in a quantitative field, preferably some kind of number crunching for a start-up. A degree is helpful but not necessarily required.
- You have experience with data tracking and you have knowledge about extracting data from different data sources into a data warehouse.
- Creative problem solver, able to think innovatively while wrangling data from multiple sources.
- You not only care about your work but also about the people you’re doing it with.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and proactively come forward with your ideas.
- You have respect for and share our core values
- You can speak & write in English fluently (German not required)
- You are located or willing to relocate to Berlin, Germany.
- Opportunity to shape and develop a product used by millions of users
- Becoming a member of a highly skilled, cross-functional team eager to collaborate and change the world
- Monthly learning days during which you can focus on anything you want
- Chance to be part of a meaningful challenge
- Fair compensation package to reflect your skills and experience
- Fantastic office in the heart of Berlin
- Flexible working hours and location (two no-meeting days per week)
- All the tools you need and perks like a free-book policy
- Weekly team breakfasts
- Oh, and coffee, and organic apples, we have plenty of both
We recognise that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.
By submitting your application you are agreeing that your private details will be collected, stored securely and used for the purposes of recruitment. Here is a link to our privacy statement - https://info.ecosia.org/privacy. Please check 7e.