Agile Coach (part-time)
Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world's leading social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we want to reverse the tide of deforestation by planting a billion native trees. So far our 8+ million users have planted over 60 million trees. Our reach is expanding in all means and we are growing and planting worldwide.
We are looking for our first Agile Coach (part-time) to join us in Berlin and continuously support our cross-functional teams nurturing our agile culture! Do you have a passion for empowering people and want to become part of an inspiring company that is having a positive impact on a global scale?
What you’ll be doing
- Evangelize agile best practices and – more importantly – values for all our teams and across the whole company
- Support the team leads in optimizing agile processes, establishing a supportive and safe environment where teams work at their best
- Facilitate Scrum, Kanban or other team meetings, acting as a scrum master for the teams
- Identify potential impediments early on and develop solutions with the teams
- You mostly work on the individual and team levels but you help strengthening cross-team communication and alignment, as well as collaboration with leadership
- Support us with scaling: guide new teams as they form. For example by helping them to select suitable agile practices and
- Strengthen our culture by being a positive example of our core values and the way we work
- You have worked with multiple software development teams over an extended period of time as an Agile Coach or Scrum Master in a fast-paced environment
- You are all about communication, bringing a lot of empathy and you fluently speak English (German not required)
- You have a strong understanding of agile methodologies and also bring the initiative and pragmatism it takes to apply them in practice
- You have the ability to resolve challenges and conflicts actively and sensitively, creating suitable solutions for and with your colleagues
- You are able to build trust at all levels within the organisation
- Bonus: Experience with practicing and coaching in "nonviolent communication"
- Bonus: Worked as a software developer or product manager before
We recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role.
Work for a purpose!
- Instead of working for an additional million to your CEO’s annual bonus, you'll add millions of trees for the planet you live on
- Your work will be used daily by millions of people across the globe
- Eco-activism is not expected, but fully supported by the company
Grow your expertise!
- Become a member of a diverse, highly-skilled, multi-functional team that’s eager to collaborate and change the world
- Opportunities and support for you to advance your professional growth
- Entrepreneurial environment open for your ideas and initiatives
Balance work with other sides of your life!
- Outstanding flexibility in terms of working hours and location
- Two no-meeting days per week, open for periods of remote work
Get compensated well and fairly!
- A fair compensation package that reflects your skills and experience
- Subsidized public transport ticket, gym membership or your green-electricity bill
- Weekly team breakfasts, free vegetarian/vegan snacks, and drinks
How to apply
Our hiring process consists of several steps:
- Quick first call with our recruiter for 30 minutes
- Technical conversation per phone with 3 of your potential future colleagues for 45 minutes
- The final on-site session for about 2-3 hours, including interviews with non- and technical roles
We are aware that this can be a time-intensive process and that not everyone has that much time available to them. If your free time is restricted (e.g. because you are taking care of children or relatives), please let us know and we will try to adjust our process.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.