PR Manager, Global (m/f/x)
Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is looking for a PR Manager to drive its global communications strategy. With more than 8+ million users globally, we need a PR Manager with a strategic approach and a network of contacts across markets. Reporting directly to the CMO, a key focus of the role is driving user growth, and developing brand awareness and credibility in our core markets of the US, DE, FR and the UK.
You need to have an instinct for how stories and campaigns can capture the public imagination, drive people-powered campaigning and positive political action. Ecosia is a purpose driven company and B-Corp, and acting as an ethical voice and alternative role model in the tech world is also core to who we are.
What you will be doing:
- Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive communications and media strategy, that significantly advances Ecosia’s work and vision.
- Develop and build a strong global media and partnership network for Ecosia.
- Proactively create and respond to day-to-day media and press opportunities.
- Identify story angles, craft campaigns and put together media pitches that generate significant coverage for Ecosia.
- Take ownership of Ecosia’s key messages, cross checking facts and ensuring consistency. Identify potential problem areas in communications, and resolve accordingly.
- Support the broader work of the Marketing and Communications team, particularly in implementing multi-platform campaigns.
- Work with Country Managers to craft localised PR stories.
- Secure public speaking opportunities for company spokespeople. Support Ecosia team members in public facing activities, providing briefings where needed.
- When required represent Ecosia to the press and at events.
- Manage and create content for news media, handling distribution of PR resources and images.
- Coordinate press visits to Ecosia tree planting projects.
What you bring:
- More than 5+ years experience in public relations, journalism or communications.
- Additional involvement in environmental or social justice campaigning a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of environmental topics and the Climate Crisis. Knowledge of the tech and startup world a big plus.
- A strongly developed network of media contacts in one or more of our core markets, and ideally experience working with local PR agencies.
- A proven ability to identify original stories, and turn pitches into consistent media coverage, generating top media clippings across online, print, TV and radio.
- Collaborative, self-motivated approach to work, with extraordinary social and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to handle high pressure situations, tight deadlines and potential crisis communication situations while remaining calm and diplomatic.
- Fluent command of English, and either French or German. Other languages a plus.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to be part of something meaningful while shaping a product used by millions of users
- Becoming a member of a highly skilled team eager to collaborate and change the world
- Monthly learning days during which you can focus on self-growth
- Fair compensation package to reflect your skills and experience
- Flexible location and working hours, plus two no-meeting days per week
- Delicious weekly team breakfasts
- Oh, and coffee, organic fruit and snacks. We have it all!
We recognise that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.
By submitting your application you are agreeing that your private details will be collected, stored securely and used for the purposes of recruitment. The data that you provide will be visible to the hiring teams only. It will be deleted within a month after a position has been filled. Here is a link to our privacy statement: https://info.ecosia.org/privacy. Please reach out to [email protected] for further requests.