Senior Software Developer: Frontend focus (f/m/x)
Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the leading social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our vision to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we want to plant one billion native trees by 2020. So far more than 7 million users have planted over 60 million trees. We are growing, planting and restoring vegetation worldwide!
We are looking for a software developer, with a main focus on frontend to join us in Berlin! This is your opportunity to become part of a supportive, cross-functional team and shape a product used by millions of users.
What you’ll be doing
- Help keep our architecture lean, scalable and modular
- Lead the (already ongoing) transition from our old backbone-based frontend stack and migrate and build new things in a component-driven way with our new Vue.js stack, while adding to our common living styleguide
- Join a supportive, cross-functional team
- Help us build and improve our products and make our users happy
- Collaborate closely with our product managers and other engineers
What you bring
- You share our core values and ways of working
- You have the ability to turn ideas into code that you are proud of
- You have experience with performance optimizations and more advanced topics like server-side rendering
- You’re interested in extending your skills and working on multiple stacks including Node backends or maybe even completely different languages (like Go or Python) with the support of the team
- You really care about testing and have made it an integral part of coding
- You take ownership of your code, and you believe that also means making sure it does the right thing in production
- You not only care about your work, but also about the people you’re doing it with
- You can speak and write English fluently (German not required)
- Located in or willingness to relocate to Berlin, Germany
We recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role.
Work for a purpose!
- Instead of working for an additional million to your CEO’s annual bonus, you'll add millions of trees for the planet you live on
- Your work will be used daily by millions of people across the globe
- Eco-activism is not expected, but fully supported by the company
Grow your expertise!
- Become a member of a diverse, highly-skilled, multi-functional team that’s eager to collaborate and change the world
- Opportunities and support for you to advance your professional growth
- Entrepreneurial environment open for your ideas and initiatives
Balance work with other sides of your life!
- Outstanding flexibility in terms of working hours and location
- Two no-meeting days per week, open for periods of remote work
Get compensated well and fairly!
- A fair compensation package that reflects your skills and experience
- Subsidized public transport ticket, gym membership or your green-electricity bill
- Weekly team breakfasts, free vegetarian/vegan snacks, and drinks
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.
By submitting your application you are agreeing that your private details will be collected, stored securely and used for the purposes of recruitment. Here is a link to our privacy statement: https://info.ecosia.org/privacy
Our hiring process consists of several steps:
- Quick first call with our recruiter
- Short (ideally less than 1 hour) assignment you can do in your own time
- Technical conversation with 2 of your potential future colleagues (can be remote)
- Half a day on-site, including a pair programming session and interviews with non-technical role
We are aware that this can be a time intensive process and that not everyone has that much time available to them. If your free time is restricted (e.g. because you are taking care of children or relatives), please let us know and we will try to adjust our process.