We're looking for a Data Analyst to join us in Berlin. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on improving a product that is used by millions of people around the world, join a unique workplace and help us reforest the planet.
Ecosia, or as we like to call it, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the leading social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we want to reverse the tide of deforestation by planting one billion trees by 2020. So far our 7 million users have planted over 22 million trees with their 40 million weekly searches.
What you’ll be doing
- Empower our communications & product teams through translating raw data into enriched & meaningful insights.
- Create stunning & helpful visualisations with Tableau.
- Implement data modelling for self-service dashboards, reports and ad-hoc analysis.
- Deep dive into data rabbit holes for longer-term reports to present to the whole team, finding insights and sparking new ways to look at the datasets.
- Spend time getting up to speed with our BI infrastructure and tools. Our stack is as follows:
- In-house Tag Manager to run AWS-hosted Snowplow Analytics
- Python ETL managed by Luigi
- Data Store using Redshift
- Visuals by Tableau & Metabase.
- Our development team handles the data pipeline which enables you to focus on analysis.
- Get nitty gritty with SaaS-type business modelling to measure our CLTV, CPI & CAC values.
- Gather requirements and liaise with the stakeholders within the teams.
- Ultimately, use data to drive growth, improve user journeys and to reforest our planet.
- You have experience in a quantitative field, preferably some kind of number crunching for another company.
Having a degree is helpful but not necessarily required.
- Data excites you and you love the journey of problem solving, analysis & insight to power decisions in the workplace.
- Very strong organisational skills, capable of prioritizing and executing tasks.
- Creative problem solver, able to think innovatively while wrangling data from multiple sources.
- Experience in SaaS Metrics, attribution modelling & predictive analytics is a plus.
- You have respect for and share our core values
- You can speak & write in English fluently (German not required)
- You are located or willing to relocate to Berlin, Germany.
- You not only care about your work, but also about the people you’re doing it with.
- Opportunity to shape and develop a product used by millions of users
- Becoming a member of a highly skilled, cross-functional team eager to collaborate and change the world
- Fair compensation package to reflect your skills and experience
- Fantastic office in the heart of Berlin
- Flexible working hours and location (two no-meeting days per week)
- All the tools you need and perks like a free-book policy
- We have weekly team breakfasts
- Oh, and coffee, cookies and organic fruits.