Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the leading social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our vision to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we want to plant one billion native trees by 2020. So far more than 7 million users have planted close to 50 million trees. We are growing, planting and restoring vegetation worldwide!
We are looking for a passionate web developer with significant experience in creating component-driven universal applications using modern technologies.
This is your opportunity to become part of a supportive, cross-functional team and shape a product used by millions of users.
What you will do:
- Share ownership and development of our codebase
- Support the development of other team members by mentoring them on technical challenges
- Help keep our architecture lean, scalable and modular
- Shape the future of our software architecture by leading our transition to a service-oriented, component-driven architecture
- Get your hands dirty optimizing our Node.js and Vue.js based stack
- Work together with designers, product owners and other developers to enhance our interface, user experience and build a new living style-guide
- Drive change and inspire continuous research and improvement
- Help us build and improve our products and make our users happy
What you bring:
- Respect and share our core values
- Eagerness to mentor junior developers and teach technical concepts through collaboration (knowledge sharing, pair-programming)
- Ability to translate designs into code that works well across a variety of browsers and devices, using CSS preprocessors like SASS or PostCSS
- Ownership mentality for the whole development toolchain and release cycle
- Deep understanding of code-testing methods and how to effectively write frontend tests
- Experience in using Go, Python, or Kubernetes is a plus
- A proactive mindset and willingness to be an advocate for the user
- Fluency in spoken and written English (German not required)
- Located in or willingness to relocate to Berlin, Germany
- Opportunity to be part of something meaningful while shaping and developing a product used by millions of users
- Becoming a member of a highly skilled, cross-functional team eager to collaborate and change the world
- Awesome quarterly team off-sites with talks, workshops and hackathon projects
- Monthly learning days during which you can focus on self-growth
- Fair compensation package to reflect your skills and experience
- Fantastic office in the heart of Berlin
- Flexible working hours, plus two no-meeting days per week
- All the tools you need for an enjoyable work experience (shared books, technical equipment, etc)
- Delicious weekly team breakfasts
- Oh, and coffee, organic fruit and snacks. We have it all!
We recognise that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.
By submitting your application you are agreeing that your private details will be collected, stored securely and used for the purposes of recruitment. Here is a link to our privacy statement: https://info.ecosia.org/privacy