Country Development Manager, North America (m/f/x)
Do you want to help Ecosia fight the Climate Crisis head on? The search engine that plants trees is looking for country manager to develop to drive user base growth and open up business development and partnership opportunities in the US and Canada.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who intuitively understands the market and is adept at identifying the right levers for growth. With more than 8+ million users globally and 57 million trees planted around the world, Ecosia represents one of the world’s largest environmental movements.
Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Country Development Manager will focus on coordinating and implementing high value US focused campaigns, partnerships and media coverage initiatives. The position is open to applicants from any location, however the role is intended to be primarily executed from New York, but the ability to work remotely and travel for the role is required.
What you will be doing:
- Plan and implement the strategy for user base growth and positive business development in the North American markets.
- Coordinate high value US focused campaigns, partnerships and media coverage initiatives.
- Monitor and analyse the performance of the North American markets for key KPIs, and identify opportunities for optimisation.
- Work collaboratively with other Ecosia team members to localise content, paid marketing, social media and the Ecosia product for the US and Canadian markets.
- Develop and build a strong partnership network for Ecosia within the region, including tech partners, NGO partners, community groups and media.
- When relevant represent and act as the ‘face of Ecosia’ for press, at events, and in marketing campaigns.
What you bring:
- More than 5 years in business development, marketing, partnership management, communications or other related area.
- Up-to-date knowledge of environmental topics and the Climate Crisis, experience in environmental or social justice campaigning a plus.
- A strong understanding of what inspires public imagination, people-powered campaigning and political action, specifically within the United States.
- Experience within the tech and startup world a big plus.
- Collaborative, self-motivated approach to work, with extraordinary social and relationship-building skills.
- Fluent command of English. Other languages a plus.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to be part of something meaningful while shaping a product used by millions of users
- Becoming a member of a highly skilled team eager to collaborate and change the world
- Monthly learning days during which you can focus on self-growth
- Fair compensation package to reflect your skills and experience
- Flexible location and working hours, plus two no-meeting days per week
We recognise that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.
By submitting your application you are agreeing that your private details will be collected, stored securely and used for the purposes of recruitment. The data that you provide will be visible to the hiring teams only. It will be deleted within a month after a position has been filled. Here is a link to our privacy statement: https://info.ecosia.org/privacy. Please reach out to [email protected] for further requests.