Designer / Visual Editor
Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is a pioneering social business and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we want to reverse the tide of deforestation by planting a billion trees by 2020.
Our users have just helped us plant 40 million trees and our team needs to grow! We’re looking for a self-motivated creative with strong design and editing skills to help us spread Ecosia’s story. You’ll be passionate about having a positive impact on the world and able to join our team on a 2-3 day a week, or on a full time basis.
What you’ll be doing
- Closely collaborate with our Digital Marketing Manager and Senior Digital Producer to formulate new creative concepts, for various online platforms i.e. Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, GDN, Ecosia’s blog.
- Optimise creatives based on paid performance and organic engagement.
- Support our content team with inhouse creation and production.
- Design and give input into Ecosia’s external facing assets i.e. presentations, press kits, posters etc.
What you bring
- Experience in design, video editing, motion graphics and/or ad creation.
- Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Illustrator, Premiere and After Effects.
- Ability to turn round designs quickly and take feedback onboard from various stakeholders.
- A desire for a collaborative creative process and the ability to help make a team greater than the sum of its parts.
- Knowledge of digital marketing platforms is a plus
- Eagerness to learn new skills and a passion for having a positive impact.
- Respect and passion for our core values.
- Fluent spoken and written English. Other languages a bonus!
We recognise that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role. This should go without saying, but because it’s very important to us, we would like to emphasize it again: all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.
- Chance to be part of a truly meaningful challenge
- Opportunity to build up a global brand and movement
- Be a member of a highly skilled team that’s eager to collaborate
- Fair compensation package to reflect your skills and experience
- Fantastic office in the heart of the Berlin
- Flexible working hours and location and two “no-meeting“ days per week
- Weekly team breakfasts
- Oh, and coffee, and organic snacks and fruit, we have plenty of both
By submitting your application you are agreeing that your private details will be collected, stored securely and used for the purposes of recruitment. Here is a link to our privacy statement - https://info.ecosia.org/privacy. Please check 7e.