Multilingual Social Media Manager
Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the leading social businesses in Germany. Our vision is to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world. To achieve that, we want to plant 1 billion trees by 2020 with the help of our fast-growing user-base. So far our 7 million users have already planted 20 million trees.
We are now looking for a dedicated Social Media Manager, who will help us engage our 1 million fans on various social media channels. Our truly awesome community is very international, so being able to communicate fluently in more than one language (English, German, French or Spanish preferred) is a definite plus. This is a unique chance to share the inspiring stories from our tree planting programs with those who helped finance them!
What you'll be doing:
- Manage our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, LinkedIn) in order to distribute engaging content provided by the Content Creators on the team.
- Keep a consistent and well-organized social media schedule across all channels that will ensure highest reach, engagement and audience fit. Understand what posts fit into our brand strategy and tone of voice.
- Look into trends and popular discussions on social media and find high-quality, shareable content from third parties; conversely, convince relevant outlets to share our social media content on their page.
- Analyze performance of all our posts, write reports for the team with learnings and recommendations in order to help everyone optimize content and strategy accordingly.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends in the social media industry, share learnings and ideas with the team.
- Nurture and grow our user community by replying to comments, messages, tweets and emails.
What you bring:
- A degree and/or work experience in communication, content marketing, PR, marketing, journalism, humanities & languages, or a similar field.
- Ideally, some relevant work experience in a social business, a startup, journalism or an NGO. However, this is not a must. A good understanding of what might inspire and engage passionate users of a tree-planting search engine is more important.
- Ability to understand Ecosia’s specific tone of voice and communicate accordingly on our social media channels.
- Thorough understanding of the media landscape and of social media in particular.
- Readiness to work closely with the communications team.
- Excellent command of the English language; ideally, you're a native speaker. Very good command of German, French, Dutch and/or Spanish are a definite plus.
- You're either already based in Berlin or willing to relocate to join us in Kreuzkölln.
- ‘Can-do’ attitude and readiness to roll up your sleeves. All of us at Ecosia take care of tedious work as well as moon shots.
- Passion for our mission and our core values. We all really believe in what we are doing and we find it important to help each other out. If you're looking forward to thinking in trees rather than profits, this is for you!
We recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if you have less experience than some of the requirements for the role. This should go without saying, but since it is very important to us: all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.
What we offer you:
- A truly amazing job with a wonderful team. You get to tell inspiring stories and communicate with over a million wonderful and dedicated users!
- Fair compensation package; competitive salary.
- Chance to be part of a meaningful challenge.
- A team of highly talented, warm-hearted people who are convinced Ecosia can make a huge difference in protecting the environment and re-thinking business. Believe us, this really changes your everyday work.
- Fantastic workspace in the heart of the Berlin startup community.
- Option to work remotely two days a week, join us on workation, travel and be creative.
- Weekly team breakfasts! Oh, and organic coffee, and healthy snacks, we have plenty of both.